Top lingerie China tips for blokes buying lingerie for their loved ones
As a sex, us men tend not to be too extravagant when it comes to undergarments.
Ensuring they are clean is plenty challenge enough, while undercrackers showier than grey tend to be regarded with deep suspicion.
All of which makes lingerie shopping forthe other halfa perilous undertaking, strewn with potential pitfalls. Booby traps, if you will.
What exactly is a camisole – didn’t he play for Chelsea? How in the hell do womens’ sizes work? And precisely why aren’t some of the more ‘specialist’ knicker-flogging websites found on the outer reaches of the internet not appropriate?
Luckily, Mirror.co.uk and Madame Measure, Gossard ’s very own lingerie and bra expert, areon hand to pointclueless blokesin theright direction forV Day.
1. A little rummage through her underwear draw can go a long way:
- Find out her bra size
- Find out the general style of bra she likes to wear
- See what style co-ordinates she wears e.g. – thongs, boy pants or shorts
- What colours does she like?
- Does she like lace or smooth cup bras?
NB: Do NOT, no matter how strong the pull of curiosty, attempt the following:
- Give anything residing in her underwear drawer “a quick try on, just to see what it feels like”. This is when your lady will enter the room. Guaranteed.
- If her diary happens to be in the underwear drawer, regard it as you would an episode of Sex and the City and avoid – that way break ups lie. Reading it will only lead to pain, recrimination and a new awareness of how tenderly she regards your best mate. It may, however, ultimately mean a cheaper weekend.
2. Buy something she is likely to wear, not something you would like to see her in…Those disreputable websites rarely offer refunds anyway. Or so they say.
3. It is always a good idea to purchase two co-ordinates (different style bottoms) so that she has a choice between the two. This is Madame Measure’s suggestion: no man around here understand what it means. Repeat verbatim to a shop assistant to be on the safe side.
4. If you are purchasing a suspender belt it is useful to buy the stockings too, to get the desired effect – for you and for her. Remember though that net material that looks as if it belongs on a trawler is not so hot right now.
5. Ask the shop assistant if they gift wrap… presentation goes a long way. And fellas are genetically programmed to be confused by folding wrapping paper - lumping her new smalls in a pile of sellotaped toilet paper will not go down well.
6. Keep the receipt, although if you go for any of the selection of undies in the gallery above, you probably won’t need them.
Check out Gossard's range by clicking here .